This May, Justice For Vets will convene the second Vet Court Con, a conference dedicated exclusively to Veterans Treatment Courts. This historic conference will take place in Anaheim, California from May 28-31, 2014. Registration will be open from 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm on May 27th and the conference opens at 7:00 am on May 28th ending at 1:00 pm on May 31st. With over 75 sessions, including more than 150 hours of education, Vet Court Con will offer critical training to judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys, probation officers, volunteer Veteran Mentors, volunteer Veteran Mentor Coordinators, law enforcement officers, mental health and drug addiction treatment professionals, VA employees, and many others working in Veterans Treatment Court or with justice-involved veterans.
2014 Vet Court Con will be held simultaneously with the NADCP 20th Annual Training Conference.
There will be just one registration fee which will grant full access to both incredible conferences.
- Veteran Target Population (Who are We Serving?)
- Resource Acquisition: Building Partnerships with the VA and Beyond
- Trauma and Traumatic Brain Injury: Assessment and Treatment
- Veterans and Substance Abuse
- The Courts and the VA: A New Partnership Serving our Veterans
- Fundamentals of Veterans Treatment Courts
- Special Considerations in Serving Veterans in Rural Areas
- Veterans Service Organizations in Veterans Treatment Courts
- State Departments of Veterans Affairs and Veterans Treatment Courts
- De-escalating a Veteran in Crisis
- JAG Officers: Veterans Treatment Courts as an Option
- Securing Education and Employment for Justice-Involved Veterans
- Legal Ethics (CLE): 5 hours
- Ethics (CEU): 2.5 hours (1.25 law enforcement and 1.25 veteran mentor ethics)
- Learn best practices to the make their VTC Veteran Mentor program the best it can be;
- Know how to effectively work with Veteran Participants in a VTC;
- Learn their roles and responsibilities as Veteran Mentors;
- Understand the issues facing justice-involved veterans;
- Connect Veteran Participants to the local, state and national benefits they have earned;
- Interact, connect with and learn from fellow Veteran Mentors from across the nation; and much more!