The deadline to apply for 2019 Operational Tune-Up is November 16, 2018.
Ongoing training is critical to the success of veterans treatment courts. Operational Tune-up will challenge you to self-assess, and then work with you to take corrective steps to improve outcomes.
This training is FREE but you must have three veterans treatment court teams to participate. All teams must have two years of operational experience.
Through this training you will:
- Learn the latest best practices and how they should be applied to your program
- Revise policies and practices relating to incentives and sanctions, target population, supervision, and drug testing
- Receive an update on pertinent case law
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for operational veterans treatment court teams. Because the workshop is highly interactive and focuses on group decision-making and consensus, the training experience will be enhanced by the attendance of as many team members as possible. Justice For Vets requires, at a minimum, the following attend due to their day-to-day interactions with clients:
- Treatment provider
- Defense attorney
- Law enforcement officer
- Probation officer
Without these core team members it is unlikely that your team will be accepted.
This is training is free but jurisdictions must provide a training space at no cost to Justice For Vets. See our meeting room specifications for more information.
HOW TO APPLY
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a veterans treatment court in operation for at least two years
- Have three court teams to participate
- Submit a letter support for the training from the state treatment court coordinator to Scott Tirocchi, Director of Justice For Vets Project Director.